Make Your Building More Accessible with Well-Constructed Ramps
Businesses, city properties, HOAs, and multi-residential units must comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines for ramp installation. The act has precise instructions regarding the slope and placement of wheelchair-friendly access ramps. While it’s the right thing to do for customers, visitors, and employees living with disabilities, non-compliance carries stiff penalties. It’s important to hire a commercial ADA ramp company with the knowledge and skills required for the job, so your building meets regulation and code.
If you are a property owner or manager, you need a meticulous team to design, install, and maintain your ramps. BCP Concrete, Inc. is the top commercial ADA ramp contractor in the East Bay area. We install concrete ramps for sidewalks, entryways, and walkways at buildings throughout Pleasanton, San Ramon, Livermore, Hayward, Fremont, Danville, and Dublin.
Concrete ADA Ramps Must Meet Strict Requirements
When you want to make a retail center, government office, or multi-unit dwelling more accessible, we are the commercial ADA ramp company to trust. First, it’s important to understand what the law requires, so here is a brief overview:
- Location: Install ramps alongside or close to main public entrances and pathways.
- Slope, width, and rise: Accommodate individuals with disabilities and other pedestrians. Per the 2010 standards for accessible design:
- Maximum ramp slope is 1:12 (direction of travel)
- Cross slope of no more than 1:48 (typically indicates slope along width of ramp)
- Maximum rise allowed is 30 inches
- Landings: If the vertical height of the ramp exceeds 30 inches, you must install landings. Landings at the top and bottom of ramps must be 60 inches long, with accommodations to prevent water accumulation.
- Handrails: You’ll need to install handrails on both sides of the ramp for a rise of 6 inches or more. California law requires 48 inches between handrails.
- Edge protection: Edge protection on ramps and landings helps protect wheelchairs from slippage.
Experienced Commercial ADA Ramp Contractors
At BCP Concrete, we specialize in ADA-compliant ramps for:
- City offices
- Apartment buildings
- Office buildings
- Commercial properties
- Retail facilities
Our skilled installers include experts in concrete construction and custom masonry. We conduct internal testing throughout the build phase for access ramps to ensure structural integrity and ease of use. Additionally, you can take advantage of our maintenance plans to eliminate safety issues in the future. You can also visit our color gallery for custom color options!
Customers across the East Bay area count on us for ADA-compliant ramps to keep those with disabilities safe.
Call us at (925) 462-6456 or inquire online to hire us as your commercial ADA ramp company in Pleasanton, San Ramon, Livermore, Hayward, Fremont, Danville, Dublin.